This week is National Vegetarian Week, a celebration of all things veggie and to celebrate we wanted to share with you one of our favourite vegetarian dishes, our Noodle and Mangetout Salad. This is a dish certain to satisfy everyone's appetite, whether you are vegetarian or not, especially if you enjoy a bit of a kick to your food, as our amazing spicy dressing is simply delicious. Here is what you will need:
Ingredients for the dressing:
2 teaspoons sugar
4 tablespoons rice wine Vinegar
4fl. oz. soy sauce
4 tablespoons peanut oil
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 garlic cloves crushed
For the salad:
8oz fine dried noodles
4 spring onions
3 oz pine kernels
small bunch coriander
salt and pepper
- To make the dressing put the garlic, sugar and vinegar in a bowl and stir in the soy sauce. Add peanut and sesame oil and whisk until emulsifies and thickens.
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 4-6 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly in cold water.
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss well until well coated. Set aside for at least one hour.
- Cook mangetout for 2-3 mins, rinse in cold water and drain. Cut the pods diagonally in 2-3 slices.
- Cut spring onions crosswise into thin diagonal slice.
- Chop coriander leaves coarsely and then mix it all with two thirds of pine kernels with noodles.
- Toss thoroughly and season to taste. Garnish with remaining pine kernels and coriander.